Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Lack of Interest In Our Solar Water Pumps or, Getting Your Products Found On The Internet by Walter H. Barrett

Getting your products found on the Internet.
I have to tell you in all honesty that I am really disgusted with the lack of mail that we receive for our solar water pumping kits. I know there is a great need for this product, and I have bent over backwards to get the price down as low as possible. It doesn't make any difference! I know what part of the problem is. I just did a google search for solar water pumps and went in 20 pages without finding my pump, and gave up in despair! That means that our handful of sales are only from people who stumble across our pump page by accident. I can guarantee you one thing, and that is we are going to do something about that because we should be selling several a week at the bargain price for a kit of only $895.00!
This is the address http://www.solar100.com/swp1.html .
This kit is made entirely in North America and ships for low bucks because it is not that heavy and the quality is super. I will report my progress on this problem.
Getting your products found on the Internet is a problem. People write books, and sell all kinds of submission, and keyword schemes etc. But it seems to me that as long as the owners of the search engines are selling position on their sites it makes their sites slanted towards the big guys. I used to say all the time that the Internet creates a level playing field, but that is not really true anymore. Once the reality sunk in that there are literally billions of dollars at stake by rigging the search engines towards those who pay the most money it was all over for the little guy. Now the big money boys want to take over the whole works, and even make you pay for the speed with which you can send and receive your e-mail.
They will create a high class and low class Internet if they get their way. Now we all know that when Al Gore "invented the internet" he never really intended that!
If the big boys throw enough money around congress they will surely succeed sooner or later because the reality is that big business really runs our government anyway.
As long as companies are allowed to channel huge sums of money and perks to congress small business will continue to suffer and eventually will be exterminated.
My advice is to find other ways to promote your web site as cheaply as possible. It is not that expensive if you have a great product with a fair price, and a little imagination.
Walt

No comments: